Thursday, January 22, 2009

Siddhartha Comes to America

One sunny afternoon I was just about to leave my house when I got a phone call. It was a good friend asking if I would like to take a friend of his on a tour around are area because he’ll be working all week and wouldn’t have to time. I said that would be okay. My friend gave me all the information to where I was meeting up with the guy, Siddhartha.
Two days after the call, his plain was landing at Bradley’s air port at noon. He was finally in America. I held up a sign with his name on it so we could contact with each other. Nice guy he was. He was wearing a gauze pants and gauze shirt. The first thing I thought was “He’s going to need to go to the mall.” We need to get clothes that will work with this weather. When he apporched me i introdced myself, “I’m Stacie; I’m the one that’s going to give you the tour around here”. Siddhartha replied “oh okay, that’s great, it’s nice to meet you!” “We must go to the mall to get other clothes for were I’m going to be bringing you” I said. I was planning on bringing you to the beach. It’s a place where we can go meditate and relax. “Let’s go back to the house; it’s been a long day!”
Next morning at 10:45am Siddhartha woke up, got ready then we headed to the mall. When we got there the look on his face was priceless. It’s like something he’s never seen before. At the mall we buzzed through majority of the stores but he couldn’t find anything he was interested in until we came to JCPenny’s. I bought him a pair of sandals, bathing suit, a pair of jeans and a shirt. When he came out of the dressing room with the clothes he picked out, he looked totally different. He gave the mirror a hard glare then he said “I can’t believe I’m wearing American clothes”. You could tell he was overwhelmed with excitement. Siddhartha finally chosen the clothes he wonted. When we were in line waiting to cash out, Siddhartha was touching and grad everything in site. He was like a kid in a candy store. I was Hungary so I decided to bring him to the food chart to grad a bite to eat. With all the choices we could pick from he couldn’t make up his mind. We finally decided and eat what we got. Driving home from the mall I seen he looked exhausted so I turned and said “Maybe we could get home it’s been a busy day, let get some rest”. He knobbed his head and we headed to my apartment for some shut eye. Siddhartha slept on my couch because there was no where’s else to sleep.

2 comments:

mykel said...

1. well i liked how you just grabbed his arm, im sure that was the best way to get a random strangers atttention, good call.

2. i think it was heading in the right direction although i found alot of spelling errors, which i dont know hwo you oculd have so many seeing as word corrects stuff for you....

3.well i cant go back to your story at the moment, but thats the first thing i noticed is that you interacted with him often which is good.

4. yeah the intros "aiight" it seems like you seemed a tad rush, patient is a vertrue my friend.

jeff said...

lol y didnt you say siddartha then grabing his arm

work on your spelling dont trust spellcheck i did and it didnt work

you and him had a good conection

youre ending left me thinking