Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Change in dircetion

.Change in Direction

Theirs times in life when you realize a change is in order. As for me it came earlier then expected at age fifteen. When you’re that age there’s not as many decisions you have to face, but when they come to you, you try the best you can to make the right one. The decisions you could be faced with are working hard on your school work or choosing what friends are going to lead you in the right direction, or even making the decision as to listen to the rules of the household. As for me I was doing just that until I got mixed into the wrong group.
It all started freshmen year of high school. I already knew the high school atmosphere was going to be different then middle school. Then again I didn’t know much of anything. When I first came to the high school there wasn’t any time to do nothing. There was so much school work and so much things to get done I just couldn’t handle it. I started making bad choices in the way I was handling that. I started failing in my school work, difficulties at home, and unhealthy relationships.
Sophomore year things began to escalate. My parents started to realize something was going on. They began to loose trust in me. When ever I came home I got questioned about whom I was with and who else was around. They no longer let me spend the night out and always wanted to know where I was. That’s when I realized I was heading in the wrong direction. It took my parents attitude towards me changing to know I had to grow up.

It was in the beginning of junior year things were falling back into place. I slowly started to pull myself together. I started making better choices like changing the group of friends I hung around with. It was a hard decision to make in my junior year. I knew these friends for four years; they were the friends I had started high school with. Now in my junior year I had to find new people I felt comfortable around. I didn’t mind at all because I know I was getting back on my feet and heading in a better direction.
As a senior I’m glad I made the decision I did. It was hard but I knew if I didn’t make some changes I would have never get to the place I am now. These days my school work is great, my parents and I are close, the friends I have now are just amazing. I have a great life and its going to stay like that.

1 comment:

mykel said...

well stacie it seems to me as though you have mad a very mature decision and that my friend,takes a strong person to do. you have relized your mistakes and have taken it upoon yourself to make things better.